[fc-announce] FC05 Hotel Update - Reserve Now!

Stuart Schechter stuart.schechter@gmail.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:15:08 -0400

    As I first reported to you in May, we have selected the beautiful
island of Dominica for Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2005.
Roseau is the most popular destination on the island but it has less
than 200 hotel rooms, so it is imperative that you reserve a room now
if you think that you may want to attend the conference.  If you decide
not to attend, almost all of the hotels will allow you to cancel your
reservation at no charge up to three weeks before the event (please
confirm the policy for your hotel when you make your reservation.)

    I wrote in May that the conference hotel (The Fort Young) was likely
to fill up as many as six months before the conference.  Indeed, it is
now fully booked despite the fact that the hotel staff has been
extremely generous and allocating extra discounted rooms to us.

    Other hotels are likely to be booked up within the upcoming weeks,
so time is of the essence.  Information on hotels in and around Roseau
can be found on the conference web site.

       http://fc05.ifca.ai/travel.html

    If you have a strong preference for staying at the conference hotel
I would recommend that, after making a reservation elsewhere, you
contact the Fort Young and ask for a place on their waiting list.

    The conference dates are February 28 to March 3.

     I look forward to seeing you in Dominica.

Stuart Schechter
General Chair
Financial Cryptography & Data Security 2005