[fc-announce] limited FC06 accommodations, deadline 15 January 2006

R. Hirschfeld ray@unipay.nl
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:58:52 +0100

     DEADLINE 15 JANUARY 2006 - LIMITED NUMBER OF ROOMS AVAILABLE

A preliminary version of the Financial Cryptography 2006 conference
program is available on the conference website (http://fc06.ifca.ai/).
Registration for the conference is open but has not yet been
announced.  Normally information about accommodations would follow
such an announcement, but as there are a limited number of rooms
available and only a short time to reserve them, we wanted to alert
potential attendees before the New Year so they can start to make
arrangements.

We are expecting 80-100 attendees for FC06 and had hoped to be able to
accommodate everybody in one place.  Unfortunately, the hotel we were
planning to use is under construction and it now appears that it will
not be ready in time for the conference.  We have instead arranged
rooms at several smaller hotels that are reasonably close to each
other and we will provide shuttle van service between these hotels and
the conference site.  The primary hotels are Paradise Cove and the
Anguilla Great House, and there are also some less expensive rooms
available at La Sirena and the Rendezvous Bay Hotel.

(Updated information about accommodations for the conference will be
posted at http://fc06.ifca.ai/travel.html as it becomes available.)

Rendezvous Bay Hotel (9 rooms available)
$120/night (see note below)
cutoff date 27 January 2006
basic but acceptable rooms (garden standard)
each room has one double and one single bed
tel: +1 (264) 497-6549
fax: +1 (264) 497-6026
email: info@rendezvousbay.com
http://www.rendezvousbay.com/
hotel manager: Bart van Deventer

Anguilla Great House (22 rooms available)
$190/night
cutoff date 15 January 2006
island-flavor units on the beach (Rendezvous Bay)
various bed configurations available
we have essentially the entire place
tel: +1 (264) 497-6061
fax: +1 (264) 497-6019
res: +1 (800) 583-9247
email: flemingw@anguillanet.com
http://www.anguillagreathouse.com/
hotel manager: Will Fleming

La Sirena (8 rooms available)
$140/night single, $182/night double
cutoff date 15 January 2006
minimum 3 nights stay to get this rate
more rooms might be available, but only 8 are guaranteed
somewhat European flavor (Swiss owner, many German/Swiss clientele)
short walk to a nice beach (Meads Bay)
tel: +1 (264) 497-6827
fax: +1 (264) 497-6829
res: +1 (800) 331-9358
email: lasirena@anguillanet.com
http://www.la-sirena.com/
hotel manager: Rolf Masshardt

Paradise Cove (18 rooms available)
one-bedroom studio with kitchenette $190/night
two-bedroom suite with full kitchen $325/night
cutoff date 15 January 2006
modern rooms
all bedrooms have their own full bath
two-bedroom suites have additional half-bath off living room/kitchen
tel: +1 (264) 497-6603
tel: +1 (264) 497-6959
fax: +1 (264) 497-6927
email: para-cove@anguillanet.com
http://paradise.ai/
hotel manager: Sherille Hughes

All prices are exclusive 10% service and 10% tax.  The rates are valid
until the indicated cutoff date; after that date any rooms in the
block reservation that have not been held definitively with a credit
card will be be released for sale to other customers, and the
conference rates will apply only on a space-available basis.

To reserve a room, contact the hotel directly and specify that you are
attending the "Financial Cryptography" or "FC06" conference to get the
special rates.  Reservations by email are preferred (to reduce the
chance of spelling errors), but you may want to follow up an initial
email reservation by phone or fax rather than send your credit card
information by email.  Please do not assume that your reservation has
been accepted until you receive a confirmation from the hotel!

In total there are about 60 rooms available, so reserve quickly if you
want one.  If there are no rooms left or if you wish to stay
elsewhere, see http://hotels.ai/ for a listing of other hotels on the
island.  (See also http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/ for information
and recommendations about Anguilla, including accommodations.)

If you are looking for a room in a villa or have rented a villa and
are looking for others to share it with, send details to the Local
Arrangements Chair and we will list the information on the conference
website.  The Anguilla Hotel Association has contacted villa owners to
let them know that we are coming, and those who respond indicating
that they have a villa available at the time of the conference will
also be listed on the website.

For luxury alternatives, the understated Malliouhana is recommended
over the glitzier (and pricier) Cap Juluca and Cuisinart (although
some may prefer the glitz).

For "budget" alternatives, the Hotel Association recommends Lloyd's
Bed & Breakfast at $75/night and Sydan's Apartments at $90/night.  In
the past, attendees seeking lower-priced accommodations have stayed at
the Pavillion and at Willy's Inn.

Accommodations at the east end of the island (e.g., Shoal Bay) are not
specifically recommended because they are rather far from the
conference site.  If you do decide to stay there, be prepared to spend
considerable time going back and forth.

Looking forward to seeing you in Anguilla,

Rafael Hirschfeld
FC06 Local Arrangements Chair

Note: The Rendezvous Bay Hotel offered us a discount on the standard
room rate but with tax and service computed over the full rate.  For
purposes of comparison with the prices of the other hotels, the rate
is listed here as $120 excluding tax and service.  The actual amount
is $143 including tax and service ($117 + 20% of $130).