[fc-discuss] Financial Cryptography Update: Phishing in Pogo's Swamp

Ian G iang@systemics.com
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:08:29 +0100

Editor's note - today's post is so snippety that it is
difficult to read.  I'd encourage you to just click on
the link and read the properly formatted version, and
to see the comic strip that inspires it :-)
iang

(((((((( Financial Cryptography Update: Phishing in Pogo's Swamp ))))))))

                            September 23, 2005

https://www.financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/000553.html

This week's phishing roundup starts with sighting of a HTTPS phish.
The attacker used a self-signed cert, and as we know browsers commonly
fall to self-signed MITMs because of the popup madness ...