[fc-discuss] Financial Cryptography Update: Identity on the move III - some ramblings on "we'll get it right this time, honest injun!"

iang@iang.org iang@iang.org
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:38:33 +0000 (GMT)

 Financial Cryptography Update: Identity on the move III - some ramblings on "we'll get it right this time, honest injun!"

                           February 27, 2006

https://www.financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/000667.html

Microsoft over on his Identity blog - published <a
href="http://www.identityblog.com/?p=374">an interview where Bill
Gates</a> says:

employer of this person, have given them a secret” – either a password
or even better a big number, a key. So I, Intel, say if they present
this secret back to me, I, Intel vouch that they are an employee. Then
we at Microsoft collaborate with Intel, and we decide do we accept
statements of that type to decide who can get into various
collaborative websites for joint projects.</i></blockquote>

The statement!	That is something that has been lacking from just about
all of the popular designs, and is at the root of the harm of identity
theft on the net.  If Microsoft are heading in this direction, this is
an encouraging development.  However, when we take it a bit further: